As I've been packing up stuff in our home AND as Miriam continues to make leaps and bounds forward, I've been taken back to this time in the last year.
Almost exactly a year ago from the time I am starting this draft (September 4) Miriam decided to crawl and a week later decided it was time to walk. We were staying with the Ostroms and September was a major adjustment month for me as I learned to deal with a newly mobile child who loved to go up and down three different sets of stairs. I was getting ready for Miriam's first Halloween.
Also, Miriam was still waking up once or more a night, and I was beginning to wonder if she would ever ever ever sleep through the entire night. Last night, as I crept into her room to deposit an item into her drawers, I paused and watched her sleep for a while, knowing that night wakings would (most likely) not be on the agenda tonight. I smiled as I thought about myself one year ago, wishing desperately for more uninterupted sleep. And then I shuddered at the thought of having a newborn. Still, I know from firsthand experience now that, as hard as it is while you are working at it, babies do eventually learn how to sleep. The frustrating things do pass and make way for other frustrating things :)
In another year will I still working toword potty use? Will she be sleeping in her crib? Will we have managed to get her to give up her bink? Or will these be things that (like the sleeping and mobility) I can heave an experianced sigh of relief about? Will I be hitching up my belt and preparing for MORE kiddos (oh wait that would mean I'd be switching my belt for my stretchy pants, that's right)?
Well I'm looking forward to expanding my experiance to include the raising of a 2 year old. At least, I think I am.
*I had saved this post in drafts and forgot to put it out. I decided I wanted to post today but had nothing to SAY, so I decided to finish this one up and blog it!
No comments:
Post a Comment