Just a quick note:
Last night she slept until 4:50. Then it took me until almost 5:30 to get her back to sleep. We ended up having a small bottle because her tummy was rumbling. So we did pretty well.
Today, even though she got up at 7:45 she was rubbing her eyes by 9am. We were in the middle of a shower, so afterwards, we got cozy and read books and sang songs and ate a little more formula. It took me 30 minutes and 3 tries to get her to go to sleep, even though I knew she was tired. And I'm starting to get frustrated with all of the screeching when I lay her down.
Even worse? The prospect that the screeching is just going to be part of putting her down now. I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around that.
If I can just get a nap time routine that works, that calms her and produces a drowsy baby maybe we can eliminate the screeching.
I'm looking for my sleep books today. Like Good Night Sleep Tight, which Kirsten recommended (and I packed away thinking I would have it again shortly). I started on it, then picked it up from the library while 'in transit'. I'm just hoping it'll have some good suggestions on how to make this a little less heart-wrenching/frustrating for us.
I totally hear you on the frustrating part. It took us awhile before we could just put Mason in his crib and leave the room. We spent a good deal of time in his room with him while he fell asleep (naps and bedtime). We'd pat his back and say "shhhhh". Until he was okay with that (took awhile). Then we sat by his crib and said "shhhh", if he got to upset we went back to patting his back. Then we got to where we could be in the chair. But yes, it took over a month. But we were just glad that he was in his crib falling asleep and not needing to be rocked.
ReplyDelete