Saturday, November 15, 2008

Brisingr

**SPOILER ALERT****SPOILER ALERT***SPOILER ALERT

You can't say I didn't warn you. Again, if you ever plan on reading Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr (and yet unnamed book) you shouldn't read this post.
I'm not really a book review kind of person . . . but the end of this book really sucked me in, and I had to say something about it! I haven't picked up my other book (book 2 in the Dark is Rising) since I finished Brisingr and I'm not exactly sure why that is (except for some WW stuff that will be mentioned in a future post).
Brisingr is my favorite of the 3 books mentioned above. We had less dealing with "whiny lovestruck Eragon" who manifested himself every time he was around Arya in Eldest. One of the best things about Brisingr was dealing with a more mature Eragon.
I have to skip to the end though . . . the part that I keep returning to in my 'waking dreams'
I was glad to see Oromis and Glaedr again. I actually had no idea how attached to them I was until Eragon returned from making 'Brisingr' and they (meaning Oromis and Glaedr) were ready to ride into battle. As the pairs parted ways I had a SAD feeling . . . which as you know turned out to be justified!
Also, I felt very awed by the Eldunari that Glaedr gifted to Saphira and Eragon, just as the characters did. I'm really wondering HOW exactly Galbatorix will be defeated having enslaved so many . . . and I think Glaedr must still be a very important part of the story.
I don't have much more to say. I cried for Oromis and Glaedr and mourned that they couldn't take Murtagh and Thorn with them . . . unless that means there might still be salvation for the two.
Hurry up Paolini!

No comments:

Post a Comment