Sunday, August 17, 2008

We're sitting on the fence

MOST of you know quite a bit about our job offer already (I'm such a blabbermouth I guess) but I am still going to post about it . . .
There is a reason I have been shy on all the details - mostly because - it is still a tentative offer. So let me explain.

We have indeed been (tentatively) offered a Firearms and Toolmarks position with the Army Crime Lab at Ft. Gillem (Forest Park) Georgia. The reason it is tentative is the offer is contingent upon Bill passing the background check and receiving his security clearance (really tough for a former Marine I know). This in itself has been hard because we have no "official" dates. Sometime is September is the likely start (Nice eh? Move all the way across the country-oh-sometime in September). We've negotiated salary and turned in his fingerprints and other forms. Now we wait.
The job is a two year term position, they would like more funding and to keep him on, but there is no guarantee. The job also includes something Bill and I already experienced in 2005. However I am not into discussing it on the blog at the moment, we'll discuss it again when I feel like it or in 2009/2010. We feel mediocre about it, so that should be good enough for the rest of you that know what I am talking about.
We fully intend to take the position. We have not had any other offers and notwithstanding a few things(dude-Georgia), this job is perfect, it's Firearms, it's federal, it's a decent salary . . . he can get trained and leave if he wants.

We are moving out of our apartment at the end of this month. We have reserved a PODS and I am trying to pack up and clean out and - WOW-it is a big job. We plan on staying with friends/family in Airway Heights/Spokane Valley in the beginning of September until we leave. PRAY we get something official soon so I can firm up housing and buy our plane tickets.

Thanks so much all of you the have been able to offer to help. (Probably be calling on Toot here shortly for some help).

Wish us luck!

5 comments:

  1. I'm happy that you guys found a job but saddened that it's all the way across the country! Even though we really don't see each other often, it's still sad. At least we have blogs and email, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristens right that is great that you found a job, I am sure that is a huge relief for you guys. But its a definite bummer that you will be all the way in Georgia. That goodness for blogs and email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate cliffhangers! That's why I don't read novels. I can't take the suspense from one chapter to the next one! Hahaha!

    Hum... I hope you get the job, guys! I'm looking myself to the day we leave here! It's not that I don't like it, I just learned to like the adventure of moving far from what I knew as home! Haha!

    Now I'm dying to know what that "you know what that you experienced in 2005 about the job" is. :(

    Cliff hangers... :S

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much suspense....that's got to be tough! You guys are very brave to be willing to move across the country, but it does sound like a wonderful opportunity. And, yeah, it's none of my business, but Paula's right...I'm dying to know what the cliffhanger from 2005 is all about.
    My offer to help with cleaning/packing/babysitting/or whatevering still stands. Let me know!! I selfishly wish you guys were hanging around the area for at least a few more months so our kids could become friends and play together :( They'll have to get internet savvy really quickly...they could be pen pals. Ok, that's sad...your's is not even a year yet, and mine isn't even born yet, and they already have long distance play dates! Anyway, good luck with everything!! :) Tiffany (Toot)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting . . and nerve wrecking! We still have stuff in our apartment! We need to clean!

    ReplyDelete