Saturday, August 30, 2008

Oh - I intend to write that company about the mold

So yesterday, as I was giving my daughter a bath in my grandmothers (perfectly lovely) tub for the first time, I got a little sad that - yes - we are without a place of residence.
This week we worked our tails off and moved out of our Cheney apartment. For the first time, it wasn't into another Cheney apartment(or house I suppose would have been nice). We loaded up our PODS container all week and cleaned like crazy on Friday. I should say GRANDMA cleaned like crazy. I just tried to keep up with her, seeing as I was so sick of the place I wanted to walk out leaving it AS IS (or as we often joke about, with a bag of dookie on the floor).
In case you find it odd that I should be even slightly sad about leaving a 650 sq ft apartment, on the THIRD FLOOR, with nasty black mold (that my doctor told us to MOVE AWAY FROM AS SOON AS YOU CAN) - rest assured, I'm sure it had more to do with leaving Cheney itself.
So now we float around the Valley and wait. We had another call from Georgia with another Tentative Offer (seriously? I know, silly) that included salary this time, although it didn't match up with the "negotiation" it was still fine. This time they asked us if we intended to accept (Um, yes?).
Let's hope that we don't have to pay anything else to the apartment and that we actually get some sleep while living the homeless life. And I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. i feel your pain! living in limbo is a joke! but you've atleast got offers, right?! and you got to move away from the black mold! good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys!
    SOrry its been a long time- we have been so crazy with our own move! ~ SO you guys finally left parkway too huh! Man we hated it and its mold too! I would have laughed so hard if you did leave it with some dookie! SO did Sheila charge you guys for anything? She charged us for a broiler pan we never had! STUPID!
    Well I hope you guys get an offer soon!

    ReplyDelete