Thursday, December 2, 2010

Advent day 2?

So, Emily at Not That You Asked is doing a 25 days of christmas sort of thing with her kids, where they do something Christmas related every day.  Today her post was considered a "cop out" activity - but I still found myself wondering how she was organized enough to think to order 12 Christmas books last month.  So I thought I about doing something specifically Christmas related every day.  Yesterday, we put up Miriam's Little People advent calendar and got out her Little People nativity sets. 
 Ahh - she's rocking little bear and Tigger.  Darling, I know
Today, we were supposed to get out the tree.  But we went to the park and watched a show and took a nap and mommy went to work. I got home, we ate, Miri went to bed and Daddy is doing Persian language lessons - not even kidding.  So...I'm totally flopping on day two.  I do have some plans for the next 23 days.  They made include things like - actually order Christmas cards (they are FREE after all), bake gingerbread men, actually buy Christmas gifts, play Christmas carols (Miri can toot on the recorder and I'll play flute.  Daddy will play whatever he likes).  Maybe one day we'll go BUY a new Christmas book.  Ride the Christmas train.  Walk a 5K called the Jingle Jog (okay, that one is Saturday).OH yeah - I've got a good one!  Make felt Christmas flowers I got out of Better Homes and Gardens.  See! Sometimes I can be creative.  The rest of the time, I think I'll snag ideas from Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment