Friday, March 14, 2008

Maybe you are just burnt out

Yesterday as Miriam was nursing and I handed her Tigger rattle over to our friends toddler (because Miriam is in that stage where if someone is talking, or making noise, she wants to WATCH not NURSE) and he ran off with it into the kitchen. The next thing I know I see the dog running off with it in his mouth. The very part that Miriam likes to stick in her mouth in his mouth. Yuck! (For more on how this dog and boy are in league to destroy us all, or something to that effect, see this post)

I got Bill to save the Tigger rattle before it became Tigger fluff all over the house and thought surely I would get a chance to clean it off before it came in the vicinity of her mouth. Fast forward 10 minutes when I happen to see another child (playing so very nicely with my child) stick the dog slobbered Tigger rattle nose into her mouth.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

As it was I sort of sat there in shock hoping for some divine intervention. It came in the fact that Miriam decided she hadn't quite had enough to eat.

It must be nice to be a second time parent. You must be more relaxed about everything.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a dog person, at all. Even with our next little one, if a dog put something in its mouth. There's no way I'm giving that back to my child. That's just gross. So, I don't blame you for feeling that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe you me, by the time the third one comes around everything is different. I've come to realize that they survive through a lot more things than we ever would think and it probably makes them stronger because of it. I'm always amused these days at the changes that have taken place since I was the mommy of one. Good Luck on your trip. My suggestions would be to try and stick to your routine as much as you can and beware of over stimulation with so many people around. When my kids don't nap properly during the day, then they actually sleep less at night. I don't think that will ever make sense to me!

    ReplyDelete