Friday, November 30, 2007

WW Depression

Posted November 2 2007 -
Due to the fact I ended up unable to work a month early - and our apartment manager not honoring that I wasn't working unless I actually terminated my employment - I decided to actually quit working for Weight Watchers. See, the plan was just to not work (basically maternity leave) until January - which my territory manager was fine with. But I had a problem with our apartments taking into consideration money that I wasn't making (especially now when every stinking penny counts) so I decided to terminate.
For the last two years that I have worked there I have had a lot of ups and downs. I hated it while I worked full time at Eastern, because I was exhausted. I loved it a year ago right after Innovations. Three months later I couldn't wait to get pregnant so that they might not let me work there anymore. Then I got pregnant and just continued working because they didn't care and I was enjoying myself. It's been a roller coster for me.
So when I got an email today about an exit interview and realized I could not sign on to the staff site with my staff ID anymore - I was a little surprised how disappointed I was. They really took me out of their system! I am completely and totally unemployed. Shortly, I'll be so preoccupied that it won't matter. But right now, I am having a little grieving moment.
I just think ahead about 8 weeks. I'll go back on program - this time as a new mom. I'll get new experience and a fresh perspective. Maybe I'll train to be a leader, get some use and appreciation. Or I'll care less. I'll do my program to lose weight and go to work to get out of the house. You pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment