Recently I read in a baby magazine a "holiday with baby" type article in which one person had said she didn't realize how important her family Christmas dinner was until the year she had a young baby who started fussing the minute everyone was sitting down to dinner. She sat with baby by herself for a little while until her mother came in and said "It can be lonely having a new baby can't it?" and took over. I can sympathize with this. This Thankgiving Miriam started fussing as I was sitting down to eat - which resulted in wolfing down my food and trading off with my husband. Later we were playing Killer Bunnies which I had to abandon half way through to go sit in the living room and feed her. And listen to everyone in the kitchen enjoying the game. Until my friends 5 year old decided to hang out with me and the baby. Which is fine for a little while. But there comes a point you really want her to quit watching you feed the baby. And asking the hold the baby.
My mom has been her this weekend to visit and help with housework and the baby. And baby seems to think anytime her grandma has made mom a nice meal is a good time to be hungry. So I've been fed like a baby several times in the last few days since my hands are not free. Pure distraction. But it's nice to have someone around who will spoon feed you instead of you having to wait another hour to put down the baby and eat. Talk about spoiled.
Well sweet little dreamer finally fell asleep. What I am doing sitting here posting this blog I don't know. It's time to go to bed! And the principle of distraction is - fifteen minutes after I lay down she'll wake up again. You wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment