Saturday, December 28, 2013

I am strong

I am strong...

I follow a site called birth without fear on facebook and they have a lot of posts where women talk about how.they were strong through their circumstances of pregnancy and birth. I decided to write mine.

This is baby #3 for me.  That alone might have been reason enough to say I am strong, that I decided to have a third.


  • I am strong because we had our son even during an economic downturn of our life.
  • I am strong because on top of morning sickness, my one year old and I had stomach bugs every 4 to 8 weeks during this pregnancy
  • I am strong because my nausea did not go away, but I took care of my two other children and, eventually, my job.
  • I am strong because at 5 months pregnant I took a full time job to help support my family financially
  • I am strong because I found out I had gestational diabetes and was able to manage it by diet alone.
  • I am strong because my epidural did not work and I somehow found the strength (and support...thanks honey!) To give birth to our son.
  • I am strong because when he was three days old I took my son and two other children 2 hours away to see grandma who was in the final stages of osteosarcoma
  • I am strong because I went back to work part time after 8 days, because my job which is still probationary would not cover benefits under FMLA if I took maternity leave.
  • I am strong because in another week I will go back full time.

I am so very lucky for my three children who inspire me and challenge me every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment