I was trying to think of something to give my neices on a limited budget so I decided to make the reindeer hats from Repeat Crafter Me (since I already had most of the yarn). But, I had also picked up some black yarn with the intent of using it to make kitty hats for Rochelles twins (and my daughter who was very insistant on the orange yarn, but wants a black cat...?). But then i started thinking, I should make them two different hats! I asked my SIL snowman or penguin. I got an "either!" and somehow or another...ended up making both! And...I'm still not done with the reindeer. But it just needs the finishing peices, which is generally my least favorite part of doing a hat, which I can't explain, it just is.
While in the midst of two hats, my BIL (who my SIL and i were still trying to figure out a gift for) said something about wanting to crochet so he could make a scarf. Ding ding ding!
My SILs husband almost kept this scarf for himself, so he now has a hat in this same color (Lion Brand Homespun Thick and Quick in Herb Garden. Our new favorite color) So yeah for Christmas! And a mildly developed talent that allows me to give nice gifts on a budget!
No comments:
Post a Comment