Monday, January 10, 2011

Family Home Evening week 2

This week we are doing lesson 2 in the Nursery Manual called Heavenly Father has a plan for me.  It is also week 3 in the Sunbeam (or Primary 1) manual.  And Miriam started Sunbeam class this week!

As I often do (when preparing a lesson), I headed over to sugardoodle.net and searched around for Plan of Salvation stuff and I found this File Folder Game.  I'm going to color the pieces and plan a treasure hunt game sort of like the Clifford treasure hunt game on pbskids.org.  The dogs follow directions like "Go to the blue ball and turn left" until they get to the end of directions and dig up the treasure.  So I'll just place pieces around the house and well say things like "go to the brown couch and turn right." or something like that, till we've gathered all the pieces and then we'll see if we can match them to the other picture.

*Update, well we actually just ended up playing with the pieces and matching them to there parts.  We talked about what each of them meant but didn't do the treasure hunt.  I'll post a picture when I get it up and working.  We also had to do our family night on Friday because I worked on Thursday.

Next week -that is to say this week (and maybe the week after?)  we're going to talk about how to pray I think.  When we visited Great Grandma in North Dakota I caught Miriam having stuffed animals pray.  But she seems shy about it when we ask her to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment