I can cart two (large diaper bag sized) bags and a purse and a child with stroller through an airport.
I can take off our shoes and take out our portable DVD player and arrange this with all previous stuff to go through airport security
I can reassemble bags and child and huff it to my airport gate
I can survive 20 minutes of tantrums on an airplane about not wearing the seatbelt and...whatever else was going on in her brain until we finally took off.
I can hold a sleeping two year old, get a bag out with my foot, find a wallet and pay for a sandwich and eat it all with one hand.
I can dig out a book a read it with one hand - until my other arm fell asleep an hour later and in the shuffle - I woke up the toddler.
I can entertain a 2 year old for the rest of the flight - alright - my new portable DVD player might have helped - but I could have done it all by myself. I'm just glad I didn't have to.
I am mom. I can do hard things
And now I am tired.
you are BRAVE!!!
ReplyDeleteI love this post Maggie! I've been there, and it does kind of feel empowering surviving it doesn't it. But yeah, "now I'm tired" sums it up. Hear us roar!
ReplyDeleteYou are VERY brave! Wow!
ReplyDeleteWow, you are amazing. Way to go super Mom!!
ReplyDelete