Monday, January 18, 2010

Deployment - take 2

It seems so long ago that I was writing this post about sitting on the fence (only August 08). It was there I mentioned "this thing we did in 2005" that this job would require but I'll "talk about it in 2009/2010" Well WELCOME 2010 and yes "this thing" is upon us.


Some of you of course probably knew what I was talking about (even if you thought you had no idea what I was talking about) because 2005 is when Bill's Marine unit was deployed to Iraq. They went to Iraq as military police and were away from home for 10 months. This deployment will be to Afghanistan. Although it will be for the military it will be different from before in that he is as a civilian employee.

There are some things that are different about this deployment of course. Bill is no longer military police. This time, we have a daughter. Also, we are not anywhere near any of our family. And I won't be leaving for home because, oh yes, we just bought a house. Don't get me wrong though, we knew deployment was part of this job. Believe it or not, deployment was a factor in everything we decided to do this last year.

I got some really great advice this week from a former Commanders wife about how to keep Bill in Miriam's life, and what needs to happen for myself.

Even though it's right on top of us, It's not exactly real yet. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. I can almost feel your pain. I'm sorry honey. Remember I am just a phone call or a txt away. Any time. Day or night. When you need someone to talk, about anything, I'm here. Bill's deployment will fly by and he will be home before you know it. Love you and miss you Maggs.

    ReplyDelete