Re: Labor
Jenna - you are probably wondering where I went (Actually you are kinda busy and could care less - but I am going to pretend . . .).
So I've thought and thought about this topic and have come to the conclusion that I can't tell you anything better then when you were asking me questions back in November - when I was only a few weeks postpartum. If you missed it - the story of Miriam's birth can be found here.
Here are the things I did want you to know: If at any time during pregnancy you are reading/watching something that is totally freaking you out . . . STOP. Return to it later if you want to. It's one thing to be informed and prepared - it's quite another to be scared out of your mind.
I totally recommend a birthing class (even though I only got 2 of 5 in). I think I learned Lamaze breathing in mine. It may not be this way for everyone - but as I was moving into transition and they were making me sit still for my IV/epidural - it helped me. Not that I had much choice (oh and PS if you are nuts and want to try Bradley natural birth, make sure you get into a class around 5 mo. It's a 12 week course).
Anyone else have labor tips?
all I can say is good times, good times. :)
ReplyDelete